Netter’s Sports Medicine is a reference designed to help doctors meet the challenges presented by their patients this growing interdisciplinary field of Sports Medicine. More than 1,000 Netter images, along with photos of physical examination techniques and imaging examples, provide a rich visual understanding, while a bulleted text format, combined with a user-friendly organization by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports, makes reference quick and easy. Discussions of a full range of sports – traditional as well as less common – ensure that the coverage is comprehensive and up to date. From pre-participation exams, musculoskeletal injuries, sports nutrition, and sports psychology, to general medical problems in athletes, this reference equips doctors with the guidance they need to keep their patients at the top of their game.
- Presents more than 1,000 Netter illustrations accompanied by photos of physical examination techniques, radiographs, and other imaging techniques-including CT and MRI-that equip you with a rich visual understanding of sports medicine.
- Features a bulleted text format for quick-read guidance.
- Organizes information by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports for an easy-to-access reference.
- Discusses traditional along with less common sports for comprehensive coverage that is up to date.
- Includes a section that examines considerations for specific athlete populations, including children, women, the senior athlete and the physically challenged, to help you meet their special needs.
- Presents the cross-disciplinary contributions of primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, dentists, orthopaedic surgeons, and others, who provide a well-rounded perspective on the subject.
- Combines current, evidence-based information with expert clinical guidance for a high-yield reference.